In 2022, I will begin a mentorship with audio/visual artist Daniel Tapper in order to learn more about using Ableton and MaxMSP in my compositions and in general. Through this course, I hope to gain skills that I can use to the benefit of myself and my practice, my collective (Freesound), and my community. Subjects covered during this mentorship will include:
- Identifying specific areas of Ableton and Max to learn, examples and basics.
- Signal flow and control, sampling and audio, triggering systems
- Audio processing, delays and filters, spectral analysis and processing
- Ableton basics, controlling Ableton via Max.
- Ableton synthesis plugins, control over network
- Multichannel control
- Control systems
With great thanks to the Ontario Arts Council for funding this mentorship through their program, Professional Development for Indigenous/People of Colour.